Paris Community Hospital/Family Medical Center welcomes the following contracted physicians who are providing specialty services to residents of Edgar County and beyond:
- Rheumatology – Dr. Manoj Kohli is a board certified rheumatologist who sees patients in the PCH/FMC Infusion Clinic the first, third, and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Dr. Kohli is a provider with Premier Specialty Network, a physician-owned, physician-led network of medical specialists providing outreach services to rural communities. He specializes in the clinical problems, usually chronic, associated with joints, soft tissues, autoimmune diseases, and connective tissue disorders. He has a special interest in treating patients with rheumatoid arthritis. A referral is needed to see Dr. Kohli.
- Oncology – Dr. Priyank Patel sees patients in the PCH/FMC Infusion Clinic every Thursday. Dr. Patel is affiliated with Carle Physician Group. His medical interests include lymphoma, myeloma, and genitourinary (reproductive organ) malignancies. To make an appointment with Dr. Patel, call 217-465-2606, Ext. 690.
- Pathology – Dr. Amna Qureshi became the new medical director of the PCH/FMC laboratory on January 1, 2017. She is affiliated with MedLab in Terre Haute. Dr. Qureshi replaces Dr. Asuncion U. DeWitt, who retired December 31, 2016 after serving PCH/FMC for 38 years.
- Orthopedics – The PCH/FMC orthopedics program continues to operate with Angela Hamilton, FNP-C, and the orthopedic staff. Hamilton’s interim collaborating physician is Dr. David Zeman, board certified orthopedic surgeon at Carle Physician Group. Dr. Zeman will see patients in Paris the second and fourth Thursdays of each month beginning February 23. While orthopedic surgeries are not being done at PCH/FMC at this time, the organization continues to actively recruit orthopedic surgeons. PCH/FMC orthopedic staff, including Dr. Zeman, can be contacted at 217-465-2606, Ext. 714.
- Optometry – Dr. Robert Blumthal of Paris returns to the area as a visiting physician in the Acklin-Shackelford Clinic. He will see patients on the second and fourth Mondays of each month beginning February 27. Dr. Blumthal will provide primary (routine eye exams) and emergency eye care for children and adults. He will treat and manage a variety of conditions, providing care for post-operative cataract patients, diabetic checks, and individuals with glaucoma and macular degeneration. Dr. Blumthal accepts patients of all ages and payor types, primarily those with Illinois Medicaid and Medicare. He does see patients with commercial vision insurance; however, insurance is not billed. It is the patient’s responsibility to file for reimbursement. Dr. Blumthal has been practicing for 35 years. To make an appointment with Dr. Blumthal, call 217-463-1946.