During National Nurse Practitioner Week November 13-19, Paris Community Hospital/Family Medical Center recognizes the valuable service that its nurse practitioners (NPs) provide to the community as the profession celebrates more than 50 years.
NPs at PCH/FMC are certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. PCH/FMC has 10 NPs practicing at various locations:
• Casey Anderson, FNP-C, family medicine at Oakland Family Medical Center.
• Susan Arp, FNP-C, EZ Care walk-in clinic.
• Ann Bogue, FNP-C, nursing home care in Paris, Chrisman, and Newman.
• Debbie Griffin, FNP-C, CDE, family medicine at Paris Family Medical Center.
• Angela Hamilton, FNP-C, orthopedics and dermatology at Paris Family Medical Center.
• Danielle Ireland, FNP-C, family medicine at Chrisman Family Medical Center.
• Sara Spesard, FNP-C, PCH/FMC Occupational Health Clinic.
• Tiffany Turner, FNP-C, PCH/FMC Occupational Health Clinic, where she also serves as department manager.
• Samantha Volstorf, FNP-C, EZ Care walk-in clinic.
• Crystal White, FNP-C, family medicine and the Medical Weight Loss Clinic at Paris Family Medical Center.
NPs have graduate level, advanced education and clinical training beyond their registered nurse preparation. They concentrate specifically on the whole person, stressing both care and cure. They can prescribe medications and can perform and interpret diagnostic tests, such as lab work, while working closely with their collaborating physician.
The workforce of nurse practitioners is growing. According to the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, there are approximately 222,000 NPs nationwide with 20,000 new NP students each year.
Paris Community Hospital
721 East Court Street
Paris, IL 61944
727 East Court Street
Paris, IL 61944
112 W. Madison Ave.
Chrisman, IL 61924
©2019 Horizon Health | All rights reserved
Website design by: Legato Healthcare Marketing