Listed below are those insurance payers and products with which Horizon Health (Paris Community Hospital, Paris Clinic, Chrisman Clinic, Oakland Clinic, and EZ Care) have direct participation agreements:
Horizon Health accepts ONLY the following Medicare Advantage Plans:
Health Alliance, Humana, and United Healthcare (Limited Services Only).
Horizon Health accepts ONLY the following Illinois Medicaid Plans at our Illinois locations (Horizon Health does not accept out of state Medicaid plans):
- Blue Cross Medicaid
- Harmony Wellcare Medicaid
- IlliniCare Medicaid
- Meridian Medicaid
- Molina Medicaid
- State of Illinois Medicaid
Horizon Health is In Network for the following commercial plans:
(Patient responsibility may vary according to plan)
- Aetna: All Commercial plans
- Beech Street: PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois (Traditional Plan): PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield: Blue Choice Preferred PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield: Out of State PPO
- Cigna Healthcare: HMO & PPO
- Community Health Plan of Sarah Bush Lincoln Hospital: All Products
- Coventry Health Care of Illinois: HMO & PPO
- First Health
- Health Alliance: HMO & PPO, including Exchange Plans
- Healthlink: PPO, State of IL HMO Tier 2
- HealthSmart: All Commercial plans
- Health Network, Inc: PPO
- Humana: HMO, PPO, POS & EPO
- Multiplan: PPO
- Stratose: PPO
- Private Healthcare Systems, Inc (PHCS): PPO
- United Health Care: PPO
According to the Illinois Insurance Code, “When a person presents a benefits information card, a healthcare provider shall make a good faith effort to inform the person if the health care provider has a participation contract with the insurer, health maintenance organization, or other entity identified on the card.” Under the Fair Patient Billing Act, Horizon Health must provide written notice that:
- As a patient, you may receive separate bills for services provided by healthcare professionals affiliated with Horizon Health. Ask about insurance coverage for visiting specialists. Not all visiting providers follow the above insurance list or are eligible for financial assistance/uninsured discounts.
- Horizon Health will submit charges to all commercial carriers on your behalf. If your plan is not listed, we may be out-of-network, resulting in a higher out-of-pocket expense for you as determined by your insurance carrier. Furthermore, even if your insurance plan is listed, that is not a guarantee of in-network service.
- It is your responsibility to verify your insurance coverage before your visit. When verifying coverage be sure to ask your insurance carrier if your clinic provider and Paris Community Hospital are
IN-NETWORK. If not, it may result in a greater financial responsibility to you. This applies to commercial plans only.
- You are STRONGLY encouraged to obtain information on out-of-pocket expenses by calling your health plan using the toll-free telephone number on your insurance identification card.
- Contact the Financial Assistance Coordinator to determine eligibility for the Illinois Uninsured Discount or our Financial Assistance program.
Have questions about billing and insurance?
Hospital Billing Department
Medicare Billing: 217-466-4213
Commercial Insurance: 217-466-4211 or 217-466-4367
Patient Accounts Manager: 217-466-4310
Financial Assistance Coordinator: 217-466-4257